Finance companies of Nepal have played important role in Nepal’s many fields for the overall development of Nepal. They are one of the good governing Banks in Nepal Income generation, entrepreneurship & development, women empowerment are major focused areas that are being enforced by the Finance companies in Nepal.
What are Finance Companies in Nepal?
Finance companies in Nepal are categorized as “C ” CLASS Financial Institution by NRB( Nepal Rastra Bank).NRB is the national bank of Nepal which regulates all the banks and financial institutions in Nepal.
According to the updated data from Nepal Rastra Bank, there are 22 Finance Companies in Nepal with more than 200 branches all over the nation.
Till July 2020 [Ashad, 2077], 19 out of the 22 ‘C’ Class finance companies in Nepal are national-level finance companies in Nepal
Type of Banks in Nepal
NRB has classified the financial institution into four major categories of banks in Nepal. These banks have their own criteria and field of work. These types of banks are listed as follows
- “A” Class are Commercial Banks in Nepal
- “B” Class are Development Banks in Nepal
- “C” Class are Finance Companies in Nepal
- “D” Class are Microfinance Companies in Nepal
Lists of Finance Companies in Nepal
Finance companies in Nepal are also established in rural areas as well. They are also helping the people at the local level also.
There are the list of ‘C’ Class Finance Companies In Nepal
- Janaki Finance Co. Ltd.
- Pokhara Finance Ltd.
- Central Finance Ltd.
- Guheshwori Merchant Banking & Finance Ltd.
- ICFC Finance Ltd.
- City Express Finance Company Ltd.
- Manjushree Financial Institution Ltd.
- Reliance Finance Ltd.
- Nepal Finance Ltd.
- Gurkhas Finance Ltd.
- Lalitpur Finance Co. Ltd.
- United Finance Co. Ltd. United
- Best Finance Ltd.
- Progressive Finance Co. Ltd.
- Nepal Share Markets and Finance Ltd.
- Goodwill Finance Ltd.
- Shree Investment & Finance Co. Ltd.
- Multipurpose Finance Co. Ltd
- Shrijana Finance Ltd.
- Samriddhi Finance Co. Ltd.
- Capital Merchant Banking & Finance Co. Ltd.
- Crystal Finance Ltd.
Capital of ‘C’ Class Finance Companies In Nepal
This is the list of the paid-up capitals of the finance companies in Nepal which is based on the financial statement for Mid July 2020. They are listed with the increasing paid-up capital
|SN||Name of Finance companies||Paid-up Capital
|1||United Finance Co. Ltd.||104.08|
|2||Capital Merchant Banking & Finance Co. Ltd.||93.51|
|3||ICFC Finance Ltd.||92.65|
|4||Pokhara Finance Ltd.||91.73|
|5||Gorkhas Finance Ltd.||86.8|
|6||Shrijana Finance Ltd.||84.78|
|7||Reliance Finance Ltd.||83.24|
|8||Shree Investment & Finance Co. Ltd.||82.9|
|9||Best Finance Ltd.||82.89|
|10||Central Finance Ltd.||82.34|
|11||Manjushree Financial Institution Ltd.||81.81|
|12||Progressive Finance Co. Ltd.||80.01|
|13||Goodwill Finance Ltd.||80|
|14||Guheshwori Merchant Banking & Finance Ltd.||80|
|15||Janaki Finance Co. Ltd.||60.04|
|16||City Express Finance Company Ltd.||40|
|17||Nepal Share Markets and Finance Ltd.||23.33|
|18||Multipurpose Finance Co. Ltd||22.41|
|19||Lalitpur Finance Co. Ltd.||18.79|
|20||Samriddhi Finance Company Limited||18.2|
|21||Nepal Finance Ltd.||13.58|
|22||Crystal Finance Ltd.||7|
Summary to Utter :
- Finance companies of Nepal are also one of the developing partner banks of Nepal.
- Finance companies are increasing day by day in Nepal which has been working efficiently over local level as well