The best platform for eCommerce is the one that delivers the positive results and objectives you set for your company. You often find it difficult to choose the right platform for a profitable online store when starting an eCommerce shop. To help you make the correct decision, let’s take a closer look at BigCommerce vs WooCommerce.
What is WooCommerce?
WooCommerce is an extremely strong forum for e-commerce that acts as a plugin for WordPress. This means you have to run a website powered by WordPress, to which you can add an online store. This is one of the best platform for ecommerce website you can use for you.
WooCommerce is an e-commerce plugin for WordPress that is open source. Today, 28% of all online stores are operated by this e-commerce solution. The plugin was officially released on September 27, 2011, and has become immensely popular for its simplicity and customization. WordPress theme creator WooThemes first created it. Worldwide, over 3.8 million websites are currently using WooCommerce. More what you can use effectively with mobile apps like Shopify google shopping app.
Pros of WooCommerce:
For self-hosted WordPress pages, ·WooCommerce is the most customizable option. It offers nearly infinite customization options. From hundreds of payment gateways to multiple shipping methods, it has customization for each scenario.
- WooCommerce is extremely simple to use and install. For people who are novices in this area, this is fine.
- WooCommerce is a free and open-source platform that makes it suitable for the development of an online sales platform for new startups and small businesses. It integrates well with WordPress, making it an online tool that is strong.
- As WooCommerce stores operate with WordPress themes, there is a wide range to choose from. It is easier to edit and customize them. Plus, they’re even cheaper.
- WooCommerce software provides numerous payment gateways that are built-in. either through direct bank transfer, check payment or cash on delivery, customers can pay.
Cons of WooCommerce:
The WordPress plugin must be kept up to date with the new browsers.
- Because of plugins, themes, and hosting, it ends up being more costly.
- To make web design improvements, you need to be familiar with WordPress and WooCommerce.
- As there is no direct support staff for WooCommerce, finding the answer to your problem through forums or online guides becomes a little complicated.
What is BigCommerce?
BigCommerce opened in 2009 and currently operates about 100,000 stores worldwide it has become the best platform for eCommerce website. It is called an all-in-one eCommerce platform or Software as a Service (Saabs). It comes with an entire package of services required for an eCommerce store, including hosting, design, content, SEO, payments, and marketing features.
It includes an elegant user interface, comprehensive functionality and a simple platform that is user-friendly. Dozens of beautiful themes and excellent customer service are included. BigCommerce also offers additional resources on the website to improve traffic.
Pros of BigCommerce:
- It is a hosted platform and you don’t have to worry about the technical aspects such as downtime, backups, storage, and security. By having a higher plan with BigCommerce, you can later scale up your site.
- BigCommerce SEO NZ is fine and your title tags, meta-descriptions and URL can be personalized.
- This platform is extremely simple to use and can even begin with a 15-day trial free of charge.
- It allows various platforms such as Facebook, Amazon, QuickBooks, eBay, etc. to be incorporated and sold. All your orders can be processed from a single location easily.
- The customer database contains a lot of knowledge for any customer. And you might very well get to know your audience.
- Various store management functions such as order fulfillment, inventory management, report analysis, etc can be done by using BigCommerce’s mobile app.
Cons of BigCommerce:
- BigCommerce does not offer a free plan or a cheap entry-level plan, but it provides excellent features and a friendly interface.
- For beginners, editing software can be a little frustrating and complex.
BigCommerce vs. WooCommerce: Pricing
BigCommerce has three core pricing plans:
- Standard – $29.95 per month
- Plus – $79.95 per month
- Pro – $249.95 per month
- Enterprise – prices depend according on your business needs
WooCommerce is a free plugin and has much of what you need in order to set up and run a simple e-commerce shop. But to start selling online, it does take a lot of add-ons. For egg, separate hosting, a domain name, any extensions you like, and an SSL certificate would need to be purchased.
Factors to Consider When Choosing an eCommerce Platform:
There are a range of important items to remember before making a decision between BigCommerce and WooCommerce, these are:
- Easy to Use
- Payment Options
Although all platforms have their merits and flaws, the business model ultimately comes down to it. WooCommerce is best platform for eCommerce website and it is certainly the way to go if you are running a small business with a minimal budget and little experience in production. It only does the job of selling basic goods and with the aid of various plugins and extensions available, can be greatly improved.
For large and fast-growing companies, BigCommerce is known as the best shopping cart app. It provides functions out of the box. You can take your eCommerce store to the next level with the aid of the BigCommerce development agency.
Wayne Fox-Smith, has written this post, who is a very technically skilled entrepreneur. He is a technology enthusiast and works as an expert blogger for performance enhancement for Folio3 Magento integration solutions. In terms of the strength of Shopify, Folio3 has impressive growth in e-commerce on various carriers, along with Magento, Bigcommerce, Wowcommerce, etc.