Development of Tourism and Aviation Infrastructure Prioritize in Nepal Budget 2020/2021. A budget of Rs 19.42 billion for the expansion of the aviation sector infrastructure has been allocated for the buildup of the Aviation Infrastructure and tourism Sector.
It has allotted the budget for following priority works for the Development of Tourism and Aviation Infrastructure in Nepal.
- Construction of the second terminal building in the Gautam Buddha International Airport and Pokhara Regional International Airport.
- shifting of communities in the boundary of Nijgadh International Airport.
- enhancement of the capacity of Tribhuvan International Airport.
- put forth a plan for the construction and up-gradation of different airports including in Surkhet, Bharatpur, Chandragadhi, Dhangadhi, Janakpur, Biratnagar, Nepalgunj, Chuhandanda and Narayanpur.
- mooted a new aviation policy to make the flight service quality and competitive.
- restructuring of Civil Aviation Authority of Nepal,
- separation of the regulatory and service-providing status of the Authority,
- construction of meditation center with the capacity of 5,000 people,
- implementation of Greater Lumbini concept
- Implementation of Ramgram master-plan,
- expediting the process to keep Tilaurakot in the world heritage list and tourism sector infrastructure development.
- establishment of a fund of Rs 50 billion to help remunerate the employees of the industrial establishment including tourism enterprises.