A complete guide to buying diamond rings for you and for your loved ones
Shopping for diamond rings can be overwhelming owing to the emotions, exquisiteness, and high prices associated with it. Diamonds are one of the most extravagant gemstones available in a wide range of colors, quality, and styles.
No matter whether you are buying an engagement ring, gifting it to someone, or treating yourself with bling, you must know the basic characteristics of diamonds and adequate ways to judge their quality. Buying diamonds is quite different from buying other jewelry items.
To buy diamond ring in South Beach, Miami, there are a lot of things that you should consider. Since diamonds cost a considerable amount, it is wise to assess the stones well before making a purchase. Not just the price but the characteristics of the gemstone should be well evaluated to buy the best diamonds in your budget.
In the earlier days, buying diamond rings involved basic queries such as an emerald-cut or princess cut? White gold or yellow gold? That’s it! However, things have now evolved with increased knowledge about the quality and other aspects of gemstones. As a result, buyers are now more informed than ever and chose to not blindly trust the sellers.
The demand for diamond rings and jewelry is so high that it is available at almost every jewelry store in South Beach, Miami. But how would you know which diamonds are genuine and of good quality? Well, there are a lot of things that can help you get a fair deal. You don’t have to necessarily buy diamond rings from fancy jewelers and showrooms. Pre-owned jewelry or small jewelry shops can also have the ideal diamond that you’ve been looking for. Their quality can be assured by contacting jewelry appraisers near me. An appraisal is a document that certifies the quality and worth of a jewelry item by a thorough assessment conducted by professional appraisers. An appraisal by a credible appraiser is widely accepted and can assure its market value and worth.
Characteristics of a Diamond
In the process of buying diamond rings, the first thing that you must look for is the characteristics of a diamond. Since diamond is an exquisite gemstone, frauds and duping activities associated with it have risen significantly. Some jewelers opt for unfair practices such as selling regular gemstones at higher prices due to the buyer’s inability to judge the quality of the diamonds. Well, don’t fall for such traps. The following are the 4 key characteristics of a diamond that should be reviewed before you buy diamond ring in South Beach, Miami.
- Carat – Carat is a frequently used term in the trading of jewelry items. Carat is the standard unit of measuring the diamond’s weight where 1 carat equals 0.2 grams. Diamonds are weighed following a very precise measurement as any minor difference in the carat can make significant price variations. Therefore, it is best advised to note the carat value of the diamond while maintaining an ideal mix of cut and carat.
- Color – Color is again a very important characteristic of a diamond and highly impacts its beauty, sparkle, and price. Very few diamonds are colorless while others range between the shades of yellow and brown. Both colorful and colorless diamonds have their own value and can be priced variably. The diamond color will affect your ring’s entire look; hence should be chosen mindfully.
- Clarity: Since diamonds are naturally occurring minerals, they have internal inclusions and external blemishes. The clarity of the diamonds refers to the number of flaws in the diamond, both internally and externally. Flawless stones are very rare in nature and quite expensive. Although clarity does not highly impact the value, shine, or brilliance of the stones, it is best to avoid diamonds that have excessive impurities.
- Cut – This is the most important aspect of a diamond that should not get neglected. The cut of a diamond determines its sparkle and brilliance. It is the tiny facets that cut into the stone and enhance the reflection capacity of the stone. A poorly cut diamond will look dull and ordinary even with the best color and clarity.
Expert Tips for buying the best diamond rings
The quality of the diamond rings can be assured by assessing the above key characteristics of a diamond. In addition to this, hiring jewelry appraisers near me can help in ensuring the quality and credibility of the diamond jewelry. Apart from these basic ways to judge the worth and value of diamond rings, there are some expert tricks that can help in determining the authenticity of the jewelry.
- Sandpaper test – Since diamonds are the hardest things on the Earth, sandpaper is all you need to find out whether it’s original or not. Take a sheet of sandpaper and rub it gently on the diamond to see if it’s scratched or not. A real diamond will have no changes to it.
- Breath test – As the name suggests, to test the originality of the diamond, you need to breathe on a diamond piece to see if the fog disappears instantly or not. If it doesn’t, then the diamond is probably not that pure or real.
These basic and expert tips are sufficient to help you buy diamond ring in South Beach, Miami. Taking suggestions from gemstone experts and jewelers is viable; however, don’t trust them blindly. Judge the jewelry item well by keeping the above factors in mind before making a purchase.