There are many ways by which you can do replacement of missing teeth and can gain a beautiful smile? But the question is how?
Because there are different procedures for different types of dental issues, there are various reasons for missing teeth like injury, gum disease, tooth decay, cavities, and genetic condition. All these reasons have different treatments.
So that is what I am going to discuss in this article today.
Today I will discuss some of the different ways to replace your missing teeth along with their advantages, disadvantages, costs, and the best dental clinic near you where you can get the best tooth replacement treatment and at an affordable price.
So let’s glance at what are they so that it will be easy for you to choose the right type of treatment for the replacement of missing Teeth that are based on your dental condition.
What is tooth replacement?
Tooth replacement is nothing but a simple process of substituting a tooth for a missing tooth instead. However, tooth replacement has different ways like implants, fixed bridges, removable partial dentures, root canals, and more.
Though, each method is applicable for other conditions of your teeth. So you need to choose, or even your dentist can recommend you the type of treatment you need to replace your missing teeth.
5 Best Ways to replacement of missing teeth?
Some of the different ways the replacement missing teeth and finding the best dental clinic near you include:
#1. Dental Implants:
Dental Implants are best for you when there is a single missing tooth and different parts of your mouth. It is a surgical procedure by which the titanium is mounted at the top edge of your teeth in both the upper and lower jaws to support the tooth replacement. At last, the replaced tooth is mounted at the top to support the replacement.
Advantages of dental implants:
- It gives you a naturally beautiful face and smile.
- It prevents bone loss, and it is a long-lasting solution.
Disadvantages o dental implants:
- When it is compared to other tooth replacement procedures like dentures, it is quite expensive.
- It is a lengthy and time taking procedure and requires a long healing phase.
#2. Removable Partial Dentures:
Even removable partial dentures are the best option, like dental implants. When compared to a complete set of dentures for all your teeth, it is suggested for those who have missing teeth. It is of the best ways to replace your missing teeth.
Advantages of Removable Partial Dentures:
- It is one of the cheapest options for tooth replacement.
- It is easy to repair and replace when needed.
Disadvantages of Removable Partial Dentures:
- At times partial dentures can be uncomfortable.
- The partial dentures do not blend with the natural teeth; this is one of the significant disadvantages. It is visible as it contains some metal clasps which do not blend with the teeth.
A flipper is the type of dental implant that can flip in and out from its position. The flippers do not have any metal clasps and do not depend on any surrounding teeth. It is also one of the best ways by which you can replace your missing teeth.
Advantages of flippers:
- It is one of the cheap and painless option to replace you missing teeth.
- When compared to partial dentures, dental implants are the best and lighter option.
Disadvantages of flippers:
- It can be uncomfortable as it is partially designed.
- It has a high chance of cracking as it is lightly designed for temporary purposes.
#4. Resin-Bonded Bridge:
Resin-Bonded Bridge is mostly used and is suitable for replacing the front tooth. It is because it is delicate ad cannot support the chewing support of the back teeth. It has two wings connected to the abutment teeth on the surfaces of the teeth nearest to the tongue, and the wings are attached to the replaced tooth or pontic. It is also called a Maryland bridge or a Rochette bridge.
Advantages of Resin-Bonded Bridge:
- Along with your teeth, it also provides enough support to your teeth.
- It also helps the remaining teeth from drifting out of place.
Disadvantages of Resin-Bonded Bridge:
The Resin Bonded Bridge is not vital, so it is used to replace only the front tooth.
Extreme care is needed to handle it because it is fragile and does not provide long-term effects.
#5. Tooth Supported Fixed Bridge:
A tooth-supported fixed bridge is one of the most common alternatives to have implant-supported restorations and Replacement of Missing Teeth, mainly when there is a chance of missing a single tooth. It contains two crowns which means either fitted onto the teeth or side gap between the teeth.
These types of restorations are the best as it provides the long term benefits to the teeth. It is permanently cemented and fitted at a place.
Advantages of Tooth Supported Fixed Bridge:
- The Tooth Supported Fixed Bridge feels and works like a natural tooth.
- Maintenance is easy; it just requires daily care like brushing and flossing.
Disadvantages of Tooth Supported Fixed Bridge:
- It is most expensive than a removable denture.
- Once the Tooth Supported Fixed Bridge is worn out, there is a high risk that they could be easily infected and decayed.
Frequently Asked Questions on replacement of missing teeth and their cost.
Suggest some cheaper alternative to the dental implant?
There are many options available for replacing missing teeth; however, when it comes to the price, dental implants can be quite expensive and cannot be afforded by everyone, so one of the best alternatives to dental implants is dental bridges. But it can be suitable only for a few situations and not all.
What are some better options for missing teeth?
Some of the best options for missing teeth or treatment for the Replacement of Missing Teeth that include,
- Dental Implants.
- Dental Bridges ad more,
What is the cost of tooth replacement?
The cost of tooth replacement differs on various factors like location, type of dental clinic, the experience of the dentist, and more. For the different options of treatment for the Replacement of Missing Teeth, you can search for a dental clinic near you.
However, the average cost of tooth replacement in Chennai is the same and more or less the cost in other cities in India like Chennai, Hyderabad, Mumbai, Delhi, and more. To have the best tooth replacement service at an affordable price, visit the best dental clinics in Chennai or near you.
I hope that the article was helpful to you; if you have any queries related to the article, please share them in the comment section. See you soon. Thank you.